Welcome to Eclipse RCP MP3 Manager
This is an Eclipse RCP demo application to showcase many of the Eclipse RCP features. Intentionally I did not focus on business logic, that's why I chose a very simple application, a little MP3 Manager. Another purpose of this application is that new Eclipse RCP developers can take a look at some example implementation of common use cases. I hope to improve the code base over time so that many best Eclipse practices are used. Please support me and file bugs :). Here is a (probably incomplete) list of features:
- New: Java WebStart support (launcher see below)
- New: New target platform Eclipse 3.7.0
- New: Integrated Tycho (0.12.0) build!
- To run the Tycho build, install Maven 3 and run "mvn clean install" in project com.siemens.ct.mp3m.tycho.parent
- New: 3.7.0 compliant headless p2-enabled build
- New: 3.7.0 target definition project
- Minimum execution environment is now Java 5
- MP3 Song "Another Chance" included (composed, played and mixed by myself :)
- Better project/feature structure
- Using latest p2 for self updating (including p2.inf with touchpoint instructions)
- Databinding + validation + decoration
- Product Branding & Feature Brandings
- Custom Splash Screen
- Blue and Orange colored demo brandings
- Images/Icons and About Dialog
- Internationalization English/German
- Dynamic language change (English and German)
- New Look & Feel using the Presentation API
- Loose coupling of views and editors
- Tree views, table views and a virtual tree and table views
- Regular Label & Content Provider
- Using an adapter factory
- Multi-page ID3 tag editor with databinding
- Use of Commands & Handlers
- Property tester
- Property view support
- Local help system using the Jetty stack
- A wizard to rename album names
- Using NSIS as native installer
- A cheat sheet
- The current version is compatible to Eclipse 3.7.0
- All my code is EPL.
- JLayer from JavaZoom, published under LGPL license
- mp3info from Ueberdosis, published under LGPL license
- Additionally I used some of the great graphics from MediaPortal.
- Anonymous svn access available at https://max-server.myftp.org/svn/mp3m/
- The Win32 binary (zip and installer, including demo song) and the sources created during the last successful nightly build you find here.
- The Win32 and Linux binaries (now also with demo song) created during the last successful Tycho nightly build you find here.
- You can WebStart the current build. But a few restrictions apply:
- p2 does not work together with WebStart
- Restarting the client due to language switch does not work
- No demo song included
- Siemens Corporate Technology, suppliers of MP3 Manager support and sponsors of the project.
- TracGuide -- Built-in Documentation
- The Trac project -- Trac Open Source Project
- Trac FAQ -- Frequently Asked Questions
- TracSupport -- Trac Support
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.