Welcome to Person Manager, a dynamic OSGi Swing application
This demo application shows how to use OSGi Declarative Services (DS), Spring Dynamic Modules (Spring DM), iPOJO and Guice/Peaberry together with Swing UI. The goal of this project is to share best practices when it comes to dynamic OSGi-based applications. Also, an experimental approach to enhance OSGi DS with annotations is part of the project, see A4DS.If you like the OSGi demo, please flattr it:
- Updated target platform: Equinox 3.5.2, OSGi 4.2, DS 1.2, Spring 3.0.0, Spring DM 2.0.0M1, iPOJO 1.6.0
- New tree view using the experimental A4DS (Annotations for OSGi Declarative Services)
- New tree view implemented using iPOJO (XML and annotations)
- The headless build does the iPOJO jar file manipulation
- Experimetal tree view using Google Guice + Peaberry for OSGi service injection
Running the Demo
- You can launch the demo using Java WebStart
- Anonymous svn access available at https://max-server.myftp.org/svn/pm/PM/trunk/pm, just get all projects
- If you don't have svn access, you can download the latest sources and binaries here
Building the Demo
- Get all the projects from svn
- Open Eclipse
- Open all pm projects
- Set the target platform by opening default.target in com.siemens.ct.pm.target and clicking the link "Set as target platform" in the upper right corner.
- Launch "PM Swing OSGi Demo"
- Play around starting and stopping the bundles, like
- com.siemens.ct.pm.ui.views.model.basic_1.0.0 and watch the dynamic change of the Swing UI
- You can also switch to the new bundle view and select or deselect bundles
- If you want to use the nice Nimbus Look & Feel, run the demo with JDK 6 Update 10
- The bundle com.siemens.ct.pm.extender implements the extender pattern. The bundle com.siemens.ct.pm.ui.actions.vcard uses this mechnism to declare a action contribution using a new manifest header
- Integration of Spring Dynamic Modules, the bundle com.siemens.ct.pm.ui.actions.save and com.siemens.ct.pm.ui.views.tree.dm use Spring DM
- The current version is compatible to Equinox 3.5.1
- The project com.siemens.ct.pm.target contains a complete target platform for this project
- All necessary equinox bundles as well as the source bundles.
- All necessary bundles for Spring Dynamic Modules, iPOJO and Peaberry
- A target definition file (default.target) which has to be used to set the target platform.
- All Person manager project sources are licensed under EPL
- The nice icons from FamFamFam are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
- Siemens Corporate Technology, suppliers of Person Manager support and sponsors of the project.
- TracGuide -- Built-in Documentation
- The Trac project -- Trac Open Source Project
- Trac FAQ -- Frequently Asked Questions
- TracSupport -- Trac Support
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.
(3.4 KB) -
added by seeberger_h 6 years ago.
Team Project Set for Subversive
- pm.png (26.9 KB) - added by toedter_k 6 years ago.
- projectSet.psf (2.0 KB) - added by toedter_k 6 years ago.
- webstart.small2.gif (2.3 KB) - added by toedter_k 5 years ago.
- pm-bundleview.png (39.2 KB) - added by toedter_k 5 years ago.